Sunday, September 22, 2013

Signal Boost: Princess Mononoke Fan Film Kickstarter

I have a particular soft spot for the Hayao Miyazaki film known as Princess Mononoke. It was my first exposure to Miyazaki and Studio Ghibli; I believe I still own the VHS from whence I saw it, purchased for dirt cheap at a church yard sale. So, anyone paying homage to that anime will always get love from me.

This is why I'm representing the latest anime inspired Kickstarter campaign to hit my radar: Wolf Girl, a live action. Princess Mononoke fan film by truly dedicated Miyazaki otaku with a passion for Mononoke-hime and film. You gotta check this out: the visuals look amazing, the technology behind it is ace, and it sounds like they are planning a great love letter to one of Miyazaki's best films. Plus, the rewards are super cute!

Right now, Wolf Girl has six days to reach its initial funding goal. And boy, does it need all six days. So, um, get to funding! If Kick-Heart and Academia can make it, why not Wolf Girl?


No comments:

Post a Comment