What time is it? It's . . . Fujoshi O'Clock, the biweekly feature at Nagareboshi Review, when I bring to you the latest fujoshi-related news and reviews and various shiny BL-flavored things. Why? Because rotten girls need love too!
This week on Fujoshi O'Clock:
- The spring 2013 anime chart is now available on AniChart.net - and normally this would not be noted on a Fujoshi post except one of the titles is the shonen-ai series Vassalord.
- Do you love the OEL boys' love manga Off*Beat? Sure you do! Now there is a Kickstarter so that Chromatic Press can print the first two volumes of the series, just in time for the new non-Tokyopop volumes to be released.
- Kazuya Minekura's manga series Saiyuki Ibun and Wild Adapter are going on hiatus in Japan. Wild Adapter is her BL title; it was once a Tokyopop license before the company folded.
- Yaoi 911 has been updated with a lot of new goodies, including a new Artifice wallpaper and the print copy of the Artifice webcomic.
- Over at JapanPowered, Chris Kincaid has posted an article entitled Yaoi: History, Appeal and Misconceptions. It's a little simplistic and I disagree with some of his points regarding misogyny in yaoi but it's a decent read overall. Also: Black Butler is yaoi now?
- Connie at Slightly Biased Manga reviews I LOVE YOU, CHIEF CLERK! by Keiko Kinoshita, a Jmanga title so who knows when it will be available in English again.
- Experiments In Manga reviews THE HEART OF THOMAS by Moto Hagio and finds it a "historically significant and important work".
- The Hooded Utilitarian reviews volume ten of LOVELESS by Yun Kouga, which has recently been licensed rescued by Viz Manga. Earlier volumes, once published by Tokyopop, are being re-released in omnibus format by Viz as well.
- ふう子 at Hazukashii Kedo reviews the extras for KORE ORE by Ogawa Chise; so cute! Some images are NSFW.
Am I missing your blog? Got some awesome fujoshi-related news and reviews you think deserve a shout-out? Poke me with a link and a bit of description over at my Twitter: @theseventhl. I'm always on the look out for more BL love!