What time is it? It's . . . Fujoshi O'Clock, the biweekly feature at Nagareboshi Review, when I bring to you the latest fujoshi-related news and reviews and various shiny BL-flavored things. Why? Because rotten girls need love too!
This week on Fujoshi O'Clock:
- Bateszi Anime Blog, in response to the backlash against the KyoAni Free! anime, posts their treatise on fujoshi and the now infamous swimming anime.
- Contemporary Japanese Literature writes a great defense of fujoshi, with content warnings for discussion of rape and rape fantasies, that also tackles the bara/yaoi divide.
- I sense a trend here! Manga Therapy shares how thankful it is for fujoshi and links to several other pieces on BL culture.
- Alex Woolfson has yet another Kickstarter going, this time for his wonderful LGBT heroes webcomic The Young Protectors. Worth funding for the amazing stretch goals alone!
- An anime adaptation of the Love Stage!! manga has been announced in Asuka Ciel magazine. The manga, by Eiki Eiki and Taishi Zaou, started publication in 2010.
- The manga Wandering Son will be ending in the August issue of Monthly Comic Beam. The anime adaptation was simulcast on Crunchyroll; the manga is being published by Fantagraphics.
- Digital Manga has licensed two new manga titles: Hideyoshico's Apple & Honey and Natsuki Zippo's Wolf Magic. They also announced that Yaoi-Con would be happening in 2014.
- Naru at Organization Anti Social Geniuses reviews Silent Voice by Atsuki Kyoyama, a mixture of love and baseball and sketchy art.
- Boys' Luv.com reviews the OEL yaoi manga Punishment from Yaoi Press. Not surprisingly, it's underwhelming and has consent issues.
- Coffeeandink at Storytalk reviews The Heart of Thomas by Hagio Moto, BL manga classic, and really gets into the nitty-gritty of the book.
- Kate O'Neil at the Fandom Post reviews the fifth omnibus of Loveless by Yun Kouga, specially released by Viz Manga to cover the volumes previously published by Tokyopop.
Am I missing your blog? Got some awesome fujoshi-related news and reviews you think deserve a shout-out? Poke me with a link and a bit of description over at my Twitter: @theseventhl. I'm always on the look out for more BL love!