Friday, June 5, 2015

In Which An Executive Decision Is Made

Let's be real, if we can, for one moment: I don't post very often. Nagareboshi Reviews has been sliding down my list of priorities over the past two months, and not because I hate it or want to quit writing about manga. It's that when stacked up against work, school, and paying for school, along with a variety of personal stress sources, blogging for fun and no profit loses a bit of its usual shimmer and shine. Therefore, a lot of neglect has led to a lot of no posts on this platform.

I think this newest decision of mine will change that. Starting next week, Nagareboshi Reviews will be updated once a week.

Yes, Ichigo, for real. Put those eyebrows back into place.
Also, awww, look at the early Bleach art I found while Googling 'serious anime face'!

Any future guest posts will be the only exception to this rule. I hope to acquire most guest posts for later this year. I'd really like to host people without blogs, mainly because I think their voices are, naturally, unrepresented in online fandom.

That also means Fujoshi O'Clock's next edition, which will be either next week or the following week, will be its last. I can't keep supporting a regular feature which hasn't been very regular lately. If you love FOC, I will include in the last edition the essential fujoshi links so you can keep track of yaoi/BL/LGBT manga news and reviews with your own tools and time.

I'm not upset at doing this. The more I think about it, the more it will give me time to craft better, in-depth articles and reviews. Suddenly, the manga in my to-read pile doesn't seem so daunting a task when I have more time to tackle them properly. I hope that if you still read Nagareboshi Reviews with its questionable current schedule, you will still read NR when it has a more reliable posting schedule. Maybe by the end of the year, I'll bump it up to two posts a week - but that depends on a lot of factors currently out of my control.

Feel free to let me know what you think about this in the comments. I am really looking for reader feedback on this admittedly significant shift in how the blog operates from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment