Thursday, April 26, 2012

License Line: Save Our Saber


What is License Line? Put simply, it's a semi-regular feature on Nagareboshi Reviews in which yours truly posts about a certain anime/manga series that truly, desperately needs to be licensed and put on my shelves ASAP - from the obscure but well-deserving manga to the stream worthy but not yet DVD licensed anime.

I’m gonna keep this short. We’re all busy folks this time of year and I’ve got a god awful stack of homework to get to. So this is yet another request for a Tokyopop license rescue, this one a bit timelier considering what I’ve been blogging about lately.

If you have been reading this blog or following me on Twitter, you know I’ve been reading the manga adaptation of Type-Moon’s visual novel Fate/Stay Night – and totally loving it. I love the characters, the magic, the action, the world-building; even the fan service is good.

Problem is, it was released in English by the now defunct Tokyopop (I’m not counting their ‘comeback’ only a while ago as a proper return to business) and only came out with around ten books before closing. This means I’ll be soon running out of F/SN graphic novels to read and will either have to – gulp – turn to scanlations or wait for someone to rescue it for English release.

Really, I can’t see why any manga publisher would not want to bring out Fate/Stay Night. The F/SN film is set to come out on DVD and Blu-Ray later this year, and the prequel series Fate/Zero is a huge hit with fans. Someone could easily re-release the first ten volumes in omnibus format then continue from there with standard-sized graphic novels. And since the manga is still going in Japan, there won’t be an absence of material to release for Type-Moon fans.

And while I’m at it, Geneon and Funimation both hold the rights to the anime. Are y’all actually gonna do anything with that? Just saying. It would be nice to be able to buy the anime without shelling out over a hundred bucks for an out of print box set.

Feel free to agree or disagree with me in the comments! Or post links to sexy fanart of Rin and Saber, I can dig that too. Wink wink.

No comments:

Post a Comment