Saturday, December 13, 2014

December Link Post: Saturday Night's All Right For Link Spam

Here are some of the great and interesting items I've read since the last link dump:

  • Lauren at Otaku Journalist is kicking off her 2014 edition of Twelve Days of Anime, something she took part in last year and was great to read every day. I'd participate as well but I didn't even watch enough anime this year to cover twelve days of talking about it.
  • Smart Bitchy, Trashy Books talk about the latest attempt by mainstream television to cater to geeks and nerds who love adventure shows, the TNT program the Librarians. I dunno - it sounds like a brainless version of Warehouse 13.
  • The Asahi Shimbun talks about the Westernized Doraemon and how it was brought over to America via Disney XD. I didn't realize his "yummy buns" were actually cut down in amount, yikes!
  • My fave music blogger and IRL friend Gaosalad has introduced me to a new J-Pop group, Color-Code, whose "I LIKE DAT" music video pleases me on so many levels. They're like a cross between Capsule, Saori@Destiny, and Ayu herself.
  • [CW: racialized slurs, anti-Chinese slurs] It's more about Chinese-centric racism than Asia in general, but it's worth a read for anime fans who interact with Asian culture on a regular basis: s.e. smith writes on Chop Suey, Ching Chong and Asia in pop culture.
  • Lastly, at the Hungry Bug Diner, ABCBTom writes about Sayo Yamamoto and her use of charcoals for anime art, in series like Attack on Titan, Psycho-Pass and Eureka Seven.

No comments:

Post a Comment